Monday, December 28, 2009

HUGE GAP BETWEEN POSTS

OK...so, ummm...looks like it's been almost a year since I posted. Well, this is totally unacceptable. This has been a crazy year...big move from NJ to MD...mixed feelings about it all, but we are doing what we need to do. Kids are adjusting well. Bo is involved in all kinds of activities. Chess Club, school paper, community service projects, band...and soon to start indoor soccer. Ryan is taking a bit longer to feel at home here. He is playing soccer and is playing his drums...so it's all good. Emma is involved in soccer and after school activities too...but I think Alex has made the most amazing adjustment to MD life. JV soccer, indoor soccer, drama, honor roll. Kevin is doing terrific too. Who would have thought he'd be maninstreamed into a regular school, but he has! It's been a rough road for all the kids, but they have made me extremely proud!

Eric works in DC these days and likes his job...just hates the commute. Having him 3 hours away during the week pretty much sucks big air hose...but if we want to live on the Eastern Shore, that's just how it's going to be.

Christmas was awesome!! I was a bit homesick this year...wasn't quite the same as our Lambertville Christmas'. Missed having Mama Joyce and kellie stealing ham...and Olivia popping over in her jammies, yelling "ding dong" in the hallway when she walks in. Miss all the kids, the most! I really hope we can make friends and memories in our new home like we have in our old home. Hard to believe we have only been in Maryland for 4 months...it actually feels longer than that. I guess because we have all kept ourselves so busy. Being able to coach rec soccer in the fall helped me adjust. I miss my old team! But the kids I had this year were a blast!! It was tough getting accustomed to a much less organized soccer club. I had to really keep my mouth shut when i thought things were handled poorly. NOT easy for me and my big mouth!! Ryan, of course, was my lead goal scorer. He's my "hat trick kid"...

Guess that's about it, for now. Babies are good. Although, not babies anymore. Elliott starts school in September and Gi is 2 already. They keep me very busy!! Eh, who am I kidding...ALL my kids keep me very busy!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

OMG...it's you!! lol I had removed your blog from my roll because I thought you were done with it. Yay for new posts! :D
Off to read some more!